What I do…
As a professional coach, author and creative/spiritual mentor, I am passionate about rekindling your creative soul using writing, intuitive listening and powerful questions.
As we dissolve blocks, you reconnect to your authentic voice, purpose and creative expression.
My sweet spot? Removing the barriers to your most inspired self.
As a middle child, family peacemaker and growing up in the era where being a “good girl” got major points, I had the recipe for losing myself at an early age. What I needed and wanted tended to disappear when other people’s priorities and desires came up.
But all along, I could feel the wellspring of my true self. Although I couldn’t always express it in the outside world, I could retreat and connect with it through writing, often sitting outdoors under the oak trees with my journal. Perhaps more sensitive than most, I needed a way to express myself and process the world.
But life has a way of obscuring that creative core, that essence, from many of us. I found myself losing myself over and over to raising children (a delightful process, but one where I excelled at focusing on them and leaving “me” somewhere behind), getting sidetracked with distractions and not prioritizing myself.
I work with so many beautiful, wise, talented women who have done the same thing. Women with big gifts who do not recognize them or take them out into the world. Women who are so talented… yet don’t prioritize themselves. They secretly desire to take time and space just for them, yet they hesitate…
From many years practicing mindfulness and writing, I have finally learned how to slow down, remember what matters, and honor my creative soul. What I hope my writing and business adds to the world isn’t more “information” – there is plenty of that – but wisdom. That’s why I am so passionate about going deeply within, pulling out our gifts and sharing them with the world in a way that uplifts and inspires.
Whether it’s writing, dancing or creating a heart centered business, I regularly feed my creative soul and clear the way for others too as well.
- I have X-ray vision read more…
- I create safe places read more…
- I unstick people read more…
- I play with blocks (not the wooden kind) read more…
- I understand your creative process read more…
- I see your mythic story read more…
- I create retreat-like communities read more…
A little More About the Professional Me
- I am a professionally trained life coach (Coach U graduate), a certified Purpose Clarity Coach, and a member of the International Coaching Federation (past board member of the Austin chapter).
- For more than 25 years I have practiced Zen and mindfulness and how they connect with writing, presence and creativity. This practice fuels my business as well as my book, “Backyard Pearls: Cultivating Wisdom and Joy in Everyday Life.”
- My writing background includes publishing more than 500 articles in publications around the world to stints as editor of national and international magazines, from The Ritz-Carlton to Southern Living magazine.
- I’ve built a successful business working with people around the world.
I’ve also led or co-led women’s and writing workshops/retreats at:
- Esalen Institute, California
- Unity Village in Kansas City
- Unity Church of the Hills
- Women in Technology
- Story Circle Network Conference
- Seton Cove
- Mabel Dodge Luhan Center in Taos
- International Coach Federation, Austin chapter
A little more about the Personal Me
I have been married to the same man for 30 years, we have two amazing daughters and I learn from all of them every day.
I’m half Greek, which means I love the ocean, I talk with my hands, and I don’t always follow the rules.
I live in the heart of quirky, artsy Austin, Texas and love live music and walks along the river. When I’m not writing in a coffee shop, that is…
I believe that presence is the heart of creativity and that waking up, over and over, is how we live full, passionate lives.