Space Between the Logs:
a Winter Mini-Retreat
Sunday, December 2 from 1 to 3 p.m. OR 4 to 6 p.m.
“What makes a fire burn
is space between the logs,
a breathing space.” — Judy Brown
Join us for some spacious breathing space during this busy holiday season. Rather than fall into a default mode of stress and trying to please everyone else, we will tune in to our deeper desires for the holiday and beyond.
It’s time to pause and listen. How do we really want to experience the next month? What does our heart need? What is the personal wisdom hidden in the “space between the logs?”
Join us for a renewing oasis in the middle of our holiday sprint…
Why is this being offered?
- It’s an exhale, a chance for us to move back in our own skins, our own desires, so we can open fully to our lives, our creativity and the season.
- It’s an opportunity to experience the power of the Creative Soul Community – an Austin-based tribe of women inspired to “bloom in our second half.” Among us are conscious women of all types, including writers, artists, yoga teachers, spirited retirees, therapists, professionals and solopreneurs.
- It is a taste of the Creative Soul Seasonal Women’s Circles, which have a similar format and are held each fall and winter. The next season of Circles begins on January 10, 2019. More details are HERE.
- It’s a chance to give back to the community during the holidays. Twenty percent of the proceeds will go to Truth be Told, a nonprofit in Austin, Texas which provides creative, transformational programs for women in prison.
What happens here?
These gatherings have a mix that consistently creates magic.
This includes a safe space to be yourself, beautiful poetry to drop deeper, quiet journaling time (no experience needed), small group conversation and powerful questions/exercises that invite us to more clearly hear our own wisdom.
Our artsy, light-filled Allandale home in North-Central Austin. Cool drinks, healthy snacks and dark chocolate will be on hand.
To invite more self-reflection and intimacy, each Circle will be limited to 12 women. Choose your preferred time slot when you register:
- Sunday, December 2: 1 to 3 p.m. (FULL)
- Sunday, December 2: 4 to 6 p.m. (FULL)
Important: What to do if the Circles are FULL?: There is still a good chance you can attend if you contact me ASAP. Things come up, and someone may not be able to attend. So if you are interested in attending either mini-retreat, let me know. Just pop me a message. You can also look below for other ways to get involved in our Creative Soul Community – I’d love for you to join us!
What if I can’t make that date, but I’m still interested in becoming part of the Creative Soul Community?
These mini-retreats are offered twice a year on different topics, so there will be more opportunities ahead. To more immediately join us, there are a few upcoming options:
- The Creative Soul Seasonal Women’s Circles begin on January 10, 2019 — click here for details.
- If you have more specific interests in writing, spaces open periodically in our Inspired Momentum Writing Circles. Email me for more information and to check availability.
- This April I am leading a writing and creativity retreat in Taos, New Mexico. All the details here.
Praise for Carolyn’s Circles
Nurturing, compassionate space and time for my Self
When I first joined these Circles, I expected new friends (and I made them). I also made a friend in my Self. I love Carolyn’s lovely home and her calm, receptive, intuitive, lighthearted encouragement. Overall, attending these Circles has allowed me to carve out a nurturing, compassionate space and time for my Self. Ahhhh….
Carolyn’s authentic “being” with all of us fostered a safe environment
The welcoming setting of Carolyn’s home and her open and warm facilitation — with clear and gentle guidance — immediately established that this was a safe and nurturing environment. Her curiosity and encouragement, and active participation, provides a sense that we are all learning and exploring together. I can’t say enough about how Carolyn’s authentic “being” with all of us fostered a safe environment for personal exploration. These Circles are an exceptional experience.
Carolyn Scarborough is a professionally trained life coach, author and mentor who facilitates women’s circles on creativity and blooming in the “second half.” She is the author of “Backyard Pearls: Cultivating Wisdom and Joy in Everyday Life” and has studied various creative/spiritual practices for more than 30 years. Her style is intuitive, lighthearted and nurturing. She founded the Creative Soul Community, where she leads Inspired Momentum Writing Groups, Writing and Creative Renewal Retreats, Creative Soul Seasonal Circles and coaches privately with women around the world. Among the places she has presented are Seton Cove, Eremos, Unity Church, Esalen, Story Circle Conference and the International Coach Federation, Austin Chapter.